VALHALLA, NY – FUJIFILM North America Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of the FUJIFILM X-T5 (X-T5) digital camera, the latest addition to Fujifilm’s innovative line of X and XT mirrorless digital cameras. Fujifilm brings fifth-generation imaging sensor and processing technology to the X-T5 in a camera body that is smaller than each of the three previous XT System camera models.1.
The X-T5 is the latest X-series camera that features Fujifilm’s powerful new backlit X-Trans TM CMOS 5 HR imaging sensor and high-speed image-processing engine, X-Processor 5. It also offers up to 7.0 stops2 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS) and features a 3.69 million-dot EVF viewfinder with 0.8x magnification and dual SD card slots, delivering the highest image quality and performance in X series history.
The X-T5 combines all fan favorites into one body. This system offers IBIS in a compact and lightweight chassis – designed for the ease of transport that is the core of our XT system. We’re also reintroducing the 3-way tilt screen to create still images and video from any position, said Masato Yamamoto, General Manager, Imaging Solutions Division, FUJIFILM. “At Fujifilm, we continue to push the boundaries of camera technology with each new camera release. The X-T5 is no exception – it delivers outstanding all-round performance for both still and video.”
X-T5 features include:
Image quality and performance solution
• The back-illuminated 40.2 MP X-Trans CMOS HR imaging sensor, with a state-of-the-art image processing algorithm, provides advanced image resolution without compromising the signal to noise ratio (S/N). This image processing algorithm delivers impressive results, full of detail across the native ISO range, which extends with the X-T5 to ISO 125. Additionally, the Pixel Shift Multi-Shot feature allows photographers to capture high-resolution 160MP photos, while shooting with AF Detection (AF) – capable of detecting animals, birds, and a variety of other common subjects – combined with automatic white balance will help photographers of all levels produce great, high-quality images.
• The X-T5 offers 19 movie simulation modes, including “Nostalgic Neg.” , which is characterized by high saturation and soft tone. Content creators can use Film Simulation presets, which simulate photographic film, for different genres and scenes. The X-T5 supports the HEIF image format, which provides 10-bit image quality in files up to 30% smaller than standard JPEG files.
Hardware, design, and operability that provide robust support for user content creation
• The X-T5’s In-Body Image Stabilization System (IBIS) works in five axes, combats all kinds of camera movements, and provides up to seven-stop compensation that can continuously freeze 20 frames with a single click of the shutter. The dedicated program “Pixel Shift Combiner” processes the captured frames to create an image containing about 160 million pixels.
• A maximum electronic shutter speed of 1/180,000 seconds is now available for photographers who want to freeze moving subjects at high speeds. The three-way tilting LCD screen, with 1.84 million dots, makes it easy for users to create portrait or waist-level positions.
• The new sensor offers a large number of phase-detection pixels for impressive AF-S focusing on a high-frequency subject, providing precise AF in situations such as landscape and portrait shooting. Also, the AF prediction algorithm provides stable focus in AF-C mode.
• Equipped with a high magnification, 3.69 million EVF point with 0.8x magnification, the viewfinder provides optimal suppression of parallax and distortion that typically occurs when the eye position is shifted while the viewfinder is in use.
• The classic X Series design is retained with ISO dials, shutter speed and exposure compensation – quick and easy to adjust, even with the camera turned off. It weighs only 1.23 lbs. (557 grams) 3, the X-T5 is 50g lighter than the previous FUJIFILM X-T4 digital camera model and is ideal for a variety of photography genres from street/documentary photography, where mobility is a requirement, to landscape and portrait photography, which require incredibly high resolution Special . Portability combined with a weather-resistant camera body allows users to take the X-T5 in almost any weather conditions.
Featuring extended video functionality
• Providing powerful video functions, movies can be recorded internally up to 6.2K/30p in 4:2:2 10-bit colours. Additionally, 4K HQ mode outsamples 6.2K footage samples for superior 4K output. The X-T5 supports the F-Log2, which records an extended dynamic range of over 13 stops – a wider range than the current F-Log – for extremely wide post-production capabilities.
• When combined with an ATOMOS HDMI device, the RAW video output from the X-T5 can be recorded as 12-bit Apple ProRes RAW at frame sizes up to 6.2K and frame rates up to 29.97 fps. When combined with Blackmagic Design Video Assist 12Gs, the X-T5’s RAW video output can be recorded as Blackmagic RAW at frame sizes up to 6.2K and frame rates up to 29.97 fps.
• MHG-XT5 Grip (Designed for the X-T5): This grip facilitates users’ ability to manually hold the camera when mounting a large aperture lens. The handpiece does not need to be removed to change the battery or SD card. Additionally, the MHG-XT5 grip can be used as an Arca-Swiss quick-release system compatible pad.
Pricing and availability
The X-T5 will be available in black and silver and is expected to be available in late November, with the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $1,699.95 for body only ($2,299.99 CAD). The X-T5 digital camera will be available with lens kits featuring the FUJINON XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS and FUJINON XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR also at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $2,099.95 (CAD $2839.99) and $2199.95 (CAD). $2969.99 CAD) respectively.
1 Compared to the overall external dimensions of FUJIFILM X-T2, FUJIFILM X-T3 and FUJIFILM X-T4 digital cameras
2 With FUJINON XF35mmF1.4 R lens mount.
3 Weight references including battery and memory card
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation, consists of five operating divisions and one subsidiary. The Photography division provides consumer and commercial photography products and services, including: Photographic paper. digital printing equipment, along with service and support; portrait products; Movie; single-use cameras; And the popular INSTAX™ line of instant cameras and accessories. The Electronic Imaging division markets digital cameras, lenses, and content creation solutions to consumers, and the Graphics Systems division provides products and services to the graphic printing industry. The Optical Devices division supplies optical lenses for the broadcast, cinematography, CCTV, videography and industrial markets, and markets endoscopes and other optical imaging solutions. The New Industrial and Commercial Business Development division introduces new products derived from Fujifilm technologies. FUJIFILM Canada Inc. Sells and markets a range of FUJIFILM products and services in Canada.
For more information, please visit https://www.fujifilm.com/us/en/about/region, go to https://www.twitter.com/fujifilmus To follow Fujifilm on Twitter, or go to https://www.facebook.com/FujifilmNorthAmerica to like Fujifilm on Facebook.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, leverages its depth of knowledge and core technologies to deliver value from innovation in our products and services in the healthcare, materials, commercial innovation and imaging business sectors. Our relentless pursuit of innovation is focused on providing social value and improving the lives of people around the world. Fujifilm is committed to responsible environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information on Fujifilm’s 2030 Sustainable Value Plan, click here.
For the year ending March 31, 2022, the company generated global revenues of approximately 2.5 trillion yen (21 billion US dollars at an exchange rate of 122 yen/$). For more information, please visit: https://www.fujifilmholdings.com.
FUJIFILM, X-TRANS and FUJINON are trademarks of FUJIFILM Corporation and its subsidiaries. APPLE and any other trademarks, names and trademarks referred to herein are independently owned by their respective owners, and their use herein is not intended as any endorsement of FUJIFILM products.
© 2022 FUJIFILM North America Corporation and its affiliates. All rights reserved.
#Fujifilm #introduces #FUJIFILM #XT5 #Mirrorless #Digital #Camera