Prince Harry did not ignore King Charles III over Meghan Markle’s alleged ban

Despite rumors that Prince Harry ignored his father’s dinner invitation when he arrived in Scotland, Page Six has learned exclusively that King Charles III has already left for his private residence.

When Harry arrived at Balmoral Castle on September 8, Charles and Prince William had already left for the King’s home on the estate, according to a palace source.

They weren’t at Balmoral for dinner at all.

The Sun reported on Thursday that Harry, 38, declined his father’s invitation after his wife, Meghan Markle, was prevented from attending a family gathering at the castle to mourn the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

According to the outlet, Harry wanted Markle, 41, to join his relatives on the day his beloved grandmother passed away at the age of 96.

The newspaper reported that Charles, 73, called his son to say the former actress’ attendance was “inappropriate”.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
Prince Harry reportedly ignored his father, King Charles III, after his wife, Meghan Markle, was prevented from attending a family gathering at Balmoral Castle.
Getty Images

While there was no disdain for dinner, Harry and Meghan – who quit their royal duties in 2020 – faced a series of struggles during Elizabeth’s time honoring in the UK.

In addition to icy interactions with William and his wife, Kate Middleton, the couple were invited – and subsequently not invited – for a government reception of world and foreign leaders last Friday.

King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla
Per The Sun, Charles thought Markle’s presence was “inappropriate”.
Getty Images

Page Six exclusively stated that they only found out about it after reading about “no invitation” in the press.

Harry, who served 10 years in the military, was also initially banned from wearing his military uniform at the Queen’s funeral – as he and Meghan kept a distance from William and Kate, both aged 40.

However, Charles eventually allowed Harry to wear the uniform at the vigil.

Harry was stripped of his military titles when he stepped down as a working member of the royal family.

Harry and Meghan faced a series of difficulties during their recent visit to the United Kingdom to mourn the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

POOL / AFP via Getty Images

The sarcophagus carrying the sarcophagus carried by Queen Elizabeth II has been moved from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Palace

Harry and Meghan faced a series of difficulties during their recent visit to the United Kingdom to mourn the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

Getty Images

next one

Styles’ mother said she was “surprised and sad” after reading…

In his first statement about his grandmother, he said: “Grandmother, while this last parting brings us great grief, I am forever grateful for all our first encounters – from my first childhood memories with you, to first meeting you my Commander in Chief, to the first moment I met you My beloved wife and embraced your beloved great-grandchildren.

“I cherish these times I shared with you, and the many other special moments in between. You have already missed so badly.”

Having absolved themselves of any royal obligations, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex – who share 3-year-old son Archie and 1-year-old daughter Lillipet – moved to Montecito, California, and returned to the US on Wednesday.

#Prince #Harry #ignore #King #Charles #III #Meghan #Markles #alleged #ban

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.