Kim Kardashian says she’s re-evaluating her relationship with Balenciaga after the photo shoot uproar

written by Toyin Owoseje, CNN

Kim Kardashian says she is “re-evaluating” her working relationship with Balenciaga after the luxury fashion house featured babies cuddling teddy bears while dressed in bondage outfits in its latest ad campaign.
The Skims founder and reality TV star, who was an ambassador for the fashion company, broke her silence Sunday after receiving a barrage of messages from fans and commenters urging her to denounce the brand.
in her posted comments Social mediaKardashian said she waited to speak out “not because I wasn’t disgusted and angry with Balenciaga’s recent campaigns, but because I wanted a chance to speak to their team to understand for myself how this could have happened.”

She went on to say that as a mother, she was “shaken by the disturbing images.”

“Children’s safety must be held in the highest regard and any attempts to normalize child abuse of any kind should have no place in our society – period,” she told her 74.2 million Twitter followers on Sunday.

“I appreciate Balenciaga’s removal of the campaigns and the apology. In speaking with them, I believe they understand the seriousness of the issue and will take action so this never happens again.”

Kardashian, who is known for wearing an identity-blocking Balenciaga ensemble at the 2021 Met Gala, was among several celebrities chosen for Balenciaga’s haute couture show during Paris Fashion Week in July. Thursday’s season finale of “The Kardashians” focused on her run on the Balenciaga show.

On Sunday, she opened up about her future with Balenciaga in a follow-up post, writing, “I am currently re-evaluating my relationship with the brand, basing this on their willingness to accept accountability for something that should never have happened — and the actions I expect to see them take to protect children.” “.

Kim Kardashian wore a full Balenciaga look at the 2021 Met Gala on September 13, 2021. attributed to him: Mike Coppola/Getty

Kardashian’s statement comes days after the company pulled the controversial campaign, which was shot by photographer Gabrielle Gallimberti and is part of a project called “Toy Stories,” and posted an apology on its Instagram page.

“We sincerely apologize for any offense our holiday campaign may have caused,” the statement said.

“Our bags of plush teddy bears should not be featured with children in this campaign. We have immediately removed the campaign from all platforms.”

Gallimberti told CNN in a statement on Wednesday that directing and launching the “Toy Stories” campaign was out of his hands, claiming that he “has no right in no way not to choose (sic) the products, nor the models, nor the collection of the same.”

Balenciaga issued another statement on Instagram apologizing for showing “disturbing documents,” after a separate campaign that included documents from the US Supreme Court case related to child pornography laws went viral. The company added that it intends to take “legal actions against the parties responsible for creating the group and including the unapproved elements.”

Gallimberti said it had “no connection with the image in which the Supreme Court document appears”.

Last month, Balenciaga cut ties with Kardashian’s ex-husband, rapper Kanye West, amid the ongoing fallout from his controversial and anti-Semitic remarks.

CNN has contacted Kering, Balenciaga’s parent company, and Kardashian’s reps for further comment.


#Kim #Kardashian #shes #reevaluating #relationship #Balenciaga #photo #shoot #uproar

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *