Release of Aaron Carter’s controversial and incomplete memoir delayed after backlash from Hilary Duff, the late singer’s publicist

Aaron Carter’s incomplete memoir has been postponed after backlash. (Photo: Rodin Eckenroth/Getty Images)

The release of Aaron Carter’s unfinished memoir has been delayed after criticism from the ex-girlfriend of the late singer Hilary Duff.

In a press release on Saturday — one week after Carter, 34, was found dead in his California home — Ballast Books representative and author Andy Symonds explained the decision to scrap the November 15 release date.

Scott Atherton, founder of Atherton Galardi Mullen & Reeder PLLC, wrote, “Aaron Carter wanted his story to be told.” And he wanted our client, Andy Symonds, a well-respected journalist and author, to tell that story in all its beauty and cruelty. Public attention has recently focused on a small number of interactions during Mr. Carter’s early years. The most important story revolves around Mr. Carter’s life as a whole and what people can learn from his career success, personal struggles and his tragic death. Out of respect for the Carter family, my client decided to postpone further release of the book at this time. Mr. Carter was not only a celebrity, but he was also a father, a brother, a son, and a friend to many who still mourn him.”

Simmonds Aaron Carter: The Unfinished Story of an Unfinished Life Taken from interviews the journalist gave Carter over three years. That the book was being tracked quickly, despite being incomplete, so shortly after the death of the “I Want Candy” singer rubbed some, including Duff, the wrong way.

“It’s really sad that within a week of Aaron’s death there is a publisher who seems to be recklessly pushing a book to take advantage of this tragedy without taking the time or caring to validate his work.” 2001-2004, he said in a statement to E! News. “The dilution of Aaron’s life story into what appears to be an unverified bait for profit is disgusting. I can in no way condone shedding any light on what is clearly an uninformed money-grab.”

The Carter administration also spoke out against the book’s release.

His team told E! News. “This is a time for mourning and reflection, not heartless cash grabs and attention seeking.”

He also told Carter’s publicist for Page Six that publishing the book was “against Aaron’s wish.”

“Aaron in the middle [working on the book]he said, “I don’t want to do anything with that” and he stopped, so the fact that the publisher says it’s green, it’s not,” the publisher told the outlet, who also reported that the unfinished memoirs contain explosive and unaudited allegations about his affair. Alleged sexuality with Duff as a teenager.Carter reportedly also shared a story about waking up at Michael Jackson’s friend’s house to find the pop star wearing only underwear.

In a statement to Yahoo Entertainment last week, Symonds defended the project and Carter’s right to “tell his story.”

“Aaron Carter hired me to help him tell his story to the world,” Symonds said following Duff’s criticism. “This story, despite its tragic brevity, was full of good and bad. His life was far from beautiful, and it is understandable that some people in the public eye do not want some of the stories that Aaron tells in his book to appear. That does not make them any less true or worthy. The news. Aaron had a right – as we all do – to tell his story. As a journalist, I am honored that he chose me to help him do this. In addition to being a healer for him, Aaron hopes this book will help others suffering from addiction and mental illness. I hope and believe he will. “.

Atherton confirmed to Yahoo Entertainment that Symonds now “no longer intends to publish the book next week,” adding that the author is “working to reverse” any action being taken with distribution channels.

#Release #Aaron #Carters #controversial #incomplete #memoir #delayed #backlash #Hilary #Duff #late #singers #publicist

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *